Employment and unemployment statistics for July 2014.
Good news! UK employment has increased by 254,000 in comparison with the previous quarter (December 2013 to February 2014).
Labour market estimates from the Office for National Statistics contain the latest employment, unemployment and average earnings estimates for March to May 2014.
- UK labour market statistics show 73.1% of those aged 16 to 64 are now employed.
- 30.54 million people are in employment for MArch to May of 2014,
- Up 254,000 from December 2013 to February 2014
- Up a massive 929,000 people from the previous year
- The unemployment rate fell to 6.5%
- From March to May there were 2.16 million unemployed people in UK,
- 161,000 fewer than December 2013 to February 2014
- A fall of 347,000 from a the same time last year
Our latest labour market infographic gives an overview of the new statistics. (view full size)
Read the full Labour Market Statisics report: ONS Website
Please note: components may not sum exactly to totals due to rounding
Compare with last month: June 2014 Employment Infographic
Compare with last year: July 2013 Employment Infographic
Our Previous Labour Market Infographics
June 2014 | May 2014 | April 2014 | March 2014 | February 2014 | January 2014
December 2013 | November 2013 | October 2013 | September 2013 | July 2013 | June 2013
May 2013 | April 2013 | March 2013 | February 2013
Like this Infographic? - copy the code below to share it on your website.
<a style="border: none;" title="UK Labour Market July 2014" href="http://www.macleodassociates.com/blog/posts/2014/july/16/infographic-uk-employment-up-254000" src="http://www.macleodassociates.com/media/133851/labour-market-july-2014.png"></a><br/>Infographic by <a title="Macleod Associates" href="http://www.macleodassociates.com">Macleod Associates</a>