Employment and unemployment statistics for August 2014.
UK employment has increased by 167,000 in comparison with the previous quarter (January to March 2014).
Labour market estimates from the Office for National Statistics contain the latest employment, unemployment and average earnings estimates for April to June 2014.
- UK labour market statistics show 73% of those aged 16 to 64 are now employed.
- 30.60 million people are in work
- Up 167,000 from January to March 2014
- Up 820,000 people from the previous year
- The unemployment rate fell to 6.4%
- From April to June there were 2.08 million unemployed people in UK,
- 121,000 fewer than January to March 2014
- 437,000 less than this time last year
Our latest labour market infographic gives an overview of the new statistics. (view full size)
Read the full Labour Market Statisics report: ONS Website
Please note: components may not sum exactly to totals due to rounding
Compare with last month: July 2014 Employment Infographic
Our Previous Labour Market Infographics
July 2014 | June 2014 | May 2014 | April 2014 | March 2014 | February 2014 | January 2014
December 2013 | November 2013 | October 2013 | September 2013 | July 2013 | June 2013
May 2013 | April 2013 | March 2013 | February 2013
Like this Infographic? - copy the code below to share it on your website.
<a style="border: none;" title="UK Labour Market August 2014" href="http://macleodassociates.com/blog/posts/2014/august/27/infographic-uk-employment-up-167,000"><img src="http://www.macleodassociates.com/media/133940/labour-market-august-2014.png"></a><br/>Infographic by <a title="Macleod Associates" href="http://www.macleodassociates.com">Macleod Associates</a>