All you need to know about the Qualifications and Credit Framework
The Qualifications and Credit Framework (QCF) is here to stay and has all but taken over from the National Qualifications Framework (NQF). So what do colleges and training providers need to know? What exactly is the QCF and how will plans for streamlining the Adult Skills Budget affect you?
We have ready through all the paperwork, so you don't have to! Here's our comprehensive, easy to read summary to all things QCF.
- What is the QCF?
- What does QCF mean for learners?
- What does QCF mean for employers?
- What does QCF mean for providers?
- Transitioning from NQF to QCF
- Guidelines for course titles
- Qualification and Units
- What are rules of combination?
- What is credit transfer?
- What is a Personal Learner Record (PLR)
- How does recognition of prior learning (RPL) work?
- Innovation Code
- Unit Delivery
- How does this affect OLASS?
- Key issues reviewing the QCF trials
- IT Systems
- Changes to the Adult Skills Budget 2013
Download our full guide to the Qualifications & Credit Framework: Explaining the QCF for 2012/13 doc